What is Ogg file?
Ogg is a free, open container format maintained by the Xiph.Org Foundation. The creators of the Ogg format state that it is unrestricted by software patents and is designed to provide for efficient streaming and manipulation of high-quality digital multimedia.
Symptoms with Ogg Files
- Unable to add Ogg to iTunes and syncing Ogg to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing Ogg to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load Ogg files.
- Difficult to play Ogg Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open Ogg files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if Ogg audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for Ogg Files
To solve the headache issue, converting Ogg to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting Ogg to 320kbps MP3 or converting Ogg to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert Ogg to M4R, WMA, AAC, FLAC, or convert Ogg to M4A.
Introduction of Ogg Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert Ogg to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run Ogg Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load Ogg audio file to Ogg Converter
Drag and drop the Ogg files or the Ogg folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import Ogg audio files to this Ogg converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play Ogg in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting Ogg to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play Ogg files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting Ogg to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit Ogg in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play Ogg on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert Ogg to MP3 or WAV.
* To play Ogg in RealPlayer, we can convert Ogg to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert Ogg to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert Ogg to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start Ogg Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the Ogg conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting Ogg and 6 channels Ogg to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional Ogg Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.