What is M4R file?
The M4R Audio file format, used with the iPhone series of smart phones for ringtones, more people are using this file than they actually realize. It is basically an AAC or M4A file with a new name. Not all audio from the iTunes store support the creation of M4R ringtones. When M4R files (ringtones) are synced to an iPhone from a computer, the file is automatically transferred from computer to phone. Audio with this file extension can be converted from other forms, or purchased/downloaded as an M4R file through the iTunes store. These files, with their compression techniques, allow for smaller file sizes with limited perceived quality loss to provide the best ringtones possible for iPhones.
Symptoms with M4R Files
- Unable to add M4R to iTunes and syncing M4R to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing M4R to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load M4R files.
- Difficult to play M4R Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open M4R files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if M4R audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for M4R Files
To solve the headache issue, converting M4R to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting M4R to 320kbps MP3 or converting M4R to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert M4R to WAV, WMA, AAC, FLAC, or convert M4R to M4A.
Introduction of M4R Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert M4R to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run M4R Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load M4R audio file to M4R Converter
Drag and drop the M4R files or the M4R folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import M4R audio files to this M4R converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play M4R in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting M4R to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play M4R files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting M4R to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit M4R in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play M4R on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert M4R to MP3 or WAV.
* To play M4R in RealPlayer, we can convert M4R to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert M4R to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” section. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert M4R to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start M4R Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the M4R conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting M4R and 6 channels M4R to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional M4R Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.