What is FLAC file?
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec, an audio format similar to MP3, but lossless, meaning that audio is compressed in FLAC without any loss in quality. This is similar to how Zip works, except with FLAC you will get much better compression because it is designed specifically for audio, and you can play back compressed FLAC files in your favorite player (or your car or home stereo) just like you would an MP3 file.
Symptoms with FLAC Files
- Unable to add FLAC to iTunes and syncing FLAC to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing FLAC to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load FLAC files with 6 channels (5.1 FLAC).
- Difficult to play FLAC Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open FLAC files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if FLAC audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for FLAC Files
To solve the headache issue, converting FLAC to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting FLAC to 320kbps MP3 or converting FLAC to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert FLAC to M4R, WMA, AAC, AIFF, or convert FLAC to M4A.
Introduction of FLAC Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert FLAC to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run FLAC Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load FLAC audio file to FLAC Converter
Drag and drop the FLAC files or the FLAC folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import FLAC audio files to this FLAC converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play FLAC in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting FLAC to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play FLAC files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting FLAC to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit FLAC in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play FLAC on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert FLAC to MP3 or WAV.
* To play FLAC in RealPlayer, we can convert FLAC to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert FLAC to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert FLAC to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start FLAC Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the FLAC conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting FLAC and 6 channels FLAC to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional FLAC Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.