Tags: ape converter, mac ape converter,*ape. to mp3 converter, change ape to mp3, transcode ape to mp3, convert .ape to mp3, convert ape audio, ape to aiff, ape to wav, ape to m4a, ape to aa3, play ape audio file, play ape on windows, ape converter windows 10, how to convert ape to mp3, ape file converter, convert 6 channels ape, ape 5.1, ape converter mac os x, ape converter mac mojave, convert 6 channel ape, convert 6 channel ape
What is APE file?
APE, also known as Monkey’s Audio, is a free lossless audio compression format along with the .ape file extension created by Matthew T. Ashland in 2000. It is a highly competitive compression algorithm widely used by Windows users mostly. In contract to any lossy audio file like MP3, OGG, WMA as well as ACC, APE doesn’t lose data information during the encoding process and therefore, it can create digital audio files that faithfully reproduce the original sound source during playback.
Symptoms with APE Files
- Unable to add APE to iTunes and syncing APE to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing APE to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load APE files with 6 channels (5.1 APE).
- Difficult to play APE Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open APE files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if APE audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for APE Files
To solve the headache issue, converting APE to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting APE to 320kbps MP3 or converting APE to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert APE to M4R, WMA, APE, AIFF, or convert APE to M4A.
Introduction of APE Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, APE, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert APE to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run APE Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load APE audio file to APE Converter
Drag and drop the APE files or the APE folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import APE audio files to this APE converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play APE in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting APE to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play APE files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting APE to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit APE in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play APE on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert APE to MP3 or WAV.
* To play APE in RealPlayer, we can convert APE to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert APE to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert APE to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start APE Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the APE conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting APE and 6 channels APE to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional APE Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.