What is AMR file?
AMR (Adaptive Multi-Rate Codec File) is a compressed audio format used by 3G cell phones for voice recordings such as MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) messages. AMR incorporates the Algebraic Code Excited Linear Prediction (ACELP) algorithm, which was created to optimize compression of human speech data. AMR was developed by Ericsson. Programs that open AMR files include Apple QuickTime Player, RealNetworks RealPlayer, Mobile AMR Converter and AMR Tool.
Symptoms with AMR Files
- Unable to add AMR to iTunes and syncing AMR to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing AMR to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load AMR files.
- Difficult to play AMR Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open AMR files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if AMR audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for AMR Files
To solve the headache issue, converting AMR to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting AMR to 320kbps MP3 or converting AMR to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert AMR to M4R, WMA, AAC, FLAC, or convert AMR to M4A.
Introduction of AMR Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert AMR to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run AMR Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load AMR audio file to AMR Converter
Drag and drop the AMR files or the AMR folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import AMR audio files to this AMR converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play AMR in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting AMR to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play AMR files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting AMR to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit AMR in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play AMR on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert AMR to MP3 or WAV.
* To play AMR in RealPlayer, we can convert AMR to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert AMR to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” section. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert AMR to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start AMR Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the AMR conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting AMR and 6 channels AMR to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional AMR Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.