What is AAX file?
The AAX file is a audio file format related to Audible Enhanced Audiobook, both of which were developed by Audible. The .aax file is a multimedia audiobook which comes with links, images, videos and timeline. The AAX files are considered to be a much improved format of the AA files. However, files with .aax extension can only be launched using particular applications.
Because .aax can only be played by limited applications, many users of Audible are looking for ways to convert their AAX files to more popular format such as .mp3 and .m4a. The AAX files are file formats that comes with DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection which prevents you to share the file even you’ve purchased the audiobooks legally from Audible.
Symptoms with AAX Files
- Unable to add AAX to iTunes and syncing AAX to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing AAX to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load AAX files.
- Difficult to play AAX Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open AAX files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if AAX audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for AAX Files
To solve the headache issue, converting AAX to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting AAX to 320kbps MP3 or converting AAX to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert AAX to M4R, WMA, AAC, FLAC, or convert AAX to M4A.
Introduction of AAX Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert AAX to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run AAX Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load AAX audio file to AAX Converter
Drag and drop the AAX files or the AAX folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import AAX audio files to this AAX converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play AAX in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting AAX to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play AAX files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting AAX to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit AAX in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play AAX on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert AAX to MP3 or WAV.
* To play AAX in RealPlayer, we can convert AAX to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert AAX to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” section. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert AAX to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start AAX Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the AAX conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting AAX and 6 channels AAX to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional AAX Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.s