What is MLP file?
Meridian’s Lossless Packing (MLP) is the main technology behind DVD-Audio. Its lossless compression scheme was groundbreaking and competed favorably with Sony’s DSD technology found in the SACD format. MLP is capable of reproducing a master-quality audio presentation in stereo or in 5.1 surround sound from a DVD-Audio disc and a number of other formats. MLP is a music-friendly compression format that helps get more data onto discs of many varieties.
Symptoms with MLP Files
- Unable to add MLP to iTunes and syncing MLP to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing MLP to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load MLP files with 6 channels (5.1 MLP).
- Difficult to play MLP Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open MLP files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if MLP audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for MLP Files
To solve the headache issue, converting MLP to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting MLP to 320kbps MP3 or converting MLP to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert MLP to M4R, WMA, AAC, AIFF, or convert MLP to M4A.
Introduction of MLP Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, QCP, MLP, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MLP to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run MLP Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load MLP audio file to MLP Converter
Drag and drop the MLP files or the MLP folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import MLP audio files to this MLP converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play MLP in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting MLP to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play MLP files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting MLP to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit MLP in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play MLP on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert MLP to MP3 or WAV.
* To play MLP in RealPlayer, we can convert MLP to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert MLP to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert MLP to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start MLP Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the MLP conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting MLP and 6 channels MLP to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional MLP Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.