What is Au file?
The Au file format is a simple audio file format introduced by Sun Microsystems. The format was common on NeXT systems and on early Web pages. Originally it was headerless, being simply 8-bit μ-law-encoded data at an 8000 Hz sample rate. Hardware from other vendors often used sample rates as high as 8192 Hz, often integer multiples of video clock signal frequencies. Newer files have a header that consists of six unsigned 32-bit words, an optional information chunk and then the data (in big endian format).
Symptoms with Au Files
- Unable to add Au to iTunes and syncing Au to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing Au to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load Au files.
- Difficult to play Au Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open Au files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if Au audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for Au Files
To solve the headache issue, converting Au to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting Au to 320kbps MP3 or converting Au to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert Au to M4R, WMA, AAC, FLAC, or convert Au to M4A.
Introduction of Au Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert Au to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run Au Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load Au audio file to Au Converter
Drag and drop the Au files or the Au folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import Au audio files to this Au converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play Au in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting Au to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play Au files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting Au to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit Au in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play Au on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert Au to MP3 or WAV.
* To play Au in RealPlayer, we can convert Au to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert Au to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert Au to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start Au Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the Au conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting Au and 6 channels Au to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional Au Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.