What is ALAC file?
ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) is a lossless audio format developed by Apple, because audio data is lossless, ALAC audio files size will be larger than MP3 (lossy) audio files. The file extensions can be .m4a.
Symptoms with ALAC Files
- Unable to add ALAC to iTunes and syncing ALAC to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing ALAC to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load ALAC files.
- Difficult to play ALAC Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open ALAC files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if ALAC audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for ALAC Files
To solve the headache issue, converting ALAC to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting ALAC to 320kbps MP3 or converting ALAC to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert ALAC to M4R, WMA, AAC, FLAC, or convert ALAC to M4A.
Introduction of ALAC Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert ALAC to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run ALAC Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load ALAC audio file to ALAC Converter
Drag and drop the ALAC files or the ALAC folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import ALAC audio files to this ALAC converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play ALAC in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting ALAC to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play ALAC files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting ALAC to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit ALAC in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play ALAC on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert ALAC to MP3 or WAV.
* To play ALAC in RealPlayer, we can convert ALAC to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert ALAC to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert ALAC to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start ALAC Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the ALAC conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting ALAC and 6 channels ALAC to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional ALAC Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.