What is AIFF file?
AIFF (Audio Interchange File Format) is an audio file format developed by Apple in 1988. This format is a little older and not widely supported on popular platforms like Windows and many other players. In addition, AIFF format is usually used to store uncompressed data so that it uses more disk space – about 10MB for one minute of stereo audio at a sample rate of 44.1 kHz and a bit depth of 16 bits.
Symptoms with AIFF Files
- Unable to add AIFF to iTunes and syncing AIFF to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing AIFF to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load AIFF files with 6 channels (5.1 AIFF).
- Difficult to play AIFF Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open AIFF files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if AIFF audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for AIFF Files
To solve the headache issue, converting AIFF to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting AIFF to 320kbps MP3 or converting AIFF to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert AIFF to M4R, WMA, AAC, AIFF, or convert AIFF to M4A.
Introduction of AIFF Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert AIFF to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run AIFF Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load AIFF audio file to AIFF Converter
Drag and drop the AIFF files or the AIFF folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import AIFF audio files to this AIFF converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play AIFF in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting AIFF to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play AIFF files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting AIFF to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit AIFF in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play AIFF on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert AIFF to MP3 or WAV.
* To play AIFF in RealPlayer, we can convert AIFF to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert AIFF to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert AIFF to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start AIFF Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the AIFF conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting AIFF and 6 channels AIFF to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional AIFF Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.