Tags: ac3 converter, mac ac3 converter,*ac3. to mp3 converter, change ac3 to mp3, transcode ac3 to mp3, convert .ac3 to mp3, convert ac3 audio, ac3 to aiff, ac3 to wav, ac3 to m4a, ac3 to aa3, play ac3 audio file, play ac3 on windows, ac3 converter windows 10, how to convert ac3 to mp3, ac3 file converter, convert 6 channels ac3, ac3 5.1, ac3 converter mac os x, ac3 converter mac mojave, convert 6 channel ac3, convert 6 channel ac3
What is AC3 file?
AC3 is an audio codec for surround sound audio files used on DVDs format. The AC-3 compression method was created by Dolby Labs for use in a Dolby Digital audio on DVD, Blu-ray and other digital video formats. AC-3 stands for Audio Coding 3. AC-3 increases fidelity over its previous surround sound standard, Pro-logic, with independent tracks for each of the 6 speakers, a 16bit sampling at 48kHz rate compressed by 10-12 times, making for a total bit rate of 384kbps.
Symptoms with AC3 Files
- Unable to add AC3 to iTunes and syncing AC3 to their mobile devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad for enjoy on the go.
- Trouble to importing AC3 to early version iMovie like iMovie HD Unable to load AC3 files with 6 channels (5.1 AC3).
- Difficult to play AC3 Audio with Windows Media Player and other media players.
- Unable to open AC3 files with Windows Movie Maker, PowerPoint, and other Windows software.
- Be warned when upload iMovie creations to YouTube if AC3 audio files from iLife Sound Effects Library are used.
Solution for AC3 Files
To solve the headache issue, converting AC3 to MP3, a much more versatile and compatible format across operating systems is recommended. If you are concerned about the output audio quality, converting AC3 to 320kbps MP3 or converting AC3 to lossless WAV will help you reserve much audio quality during the conversion process. You may have specific needs like convert AC3 to M4R, WMA, AC3, AIFF, or convert AC3 to M4A.
Introduction of AC3 Converter
U2USoft Audio Converter for Windows or Mac is a great Audio files Converter, which provides an easy way to convert your favorite audio files on Windows or Mac OS X. Many audio files can be converted among CAF, MP3, WMA, WAV, M4A, M4R, M4B, AAC, AC3, OGG, AIFF, FLAC, MKA, AAC, etc. The great software supports batch audio files conversion that means you can convert multiple audio files at the same time.
What’s more, you can use this audio converter to extract the audio track from all popular movies or music videos, such as AVI, DivX, WMV, MPG, MOV, MP4, H.264, 3GP, ASF, VOB, MKV and so forth. Free download the trial version, you’ll get the ideal audio formats with perfect sound quality.
Step-by-step Guide to Convert AC3 to MP3, WAV, M4A, M4R, AIFF, etc
Preparation: Download, install and run AC3 Converter for Windows or Mac
Step 1: Load AC3 audio file to AC3 Converter
Drag and drop the AC3 files or the AC3 folder directly to the main interface of U2USoft Audio Converter (for Mac). Or click the “Add files” button to import AC3 audio files to this AC3 converter.
Step 2: Set Output Formats
Click the drop-down button right beside “Profile” to set output profile to MP3, WAV, M4R, M4A, AIFF, or other of you desired audio formats and define the destination folder.
You can also select other audio format as output format according to your specific needs from the “General Audio” category or the “Lossless Audio” category:
* To play AC3 in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, any version of Mac, iMovie and Quicktime, converting AC3 to MP3, AIFF, M4A, M4R is recommended.
* To play AC3 files in Windows Media Player, PowerPoint, Windows Movie Maker, converting AC3 to WAV, MP3 is recommended.
* To edit AC3 in Sony Vegas, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or to play AC3 on Android, Samsung Galaxy, PS3, Xbox 360, BlackBerry, we had better convert AC3 to MP3 or WAV.
* To play AC3 in RealPlayer, we can convert AC3 to RA, MP3 and etc.
Click “Browse” to specify the destination folder.
Step 3: Advanced settings (Optional)
Click “Setting…” to open “Profile Settings” Window where you can adjust audio volume to desired level, increase or decrease audio bitrate, change audio codec.
To convert AC3 to 320kbps MP3, go to “Audio Settings” secion. Click the “Audio Bitrate” drop-down and select 320.
To convert AC3 to 24 bit WAV, in “Audio Settings” section, choose “WAV 24bit” in the “Encoder” drop-down. Click “OK” to save the setting.
Step 4: Start AC3 Conversion
Press “Convert” button to start the AC3 conversion. It will be finished with high output quality and fast converting speed.
After the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” in the bottom of the software interface to locate the converted file.
Converting AC3 and 6 channels AC3 to MP3, M4R, WAV, AAC, M4a, OGG, etc is just that easy and fast with the professional AC3 Converter. Go ahead to enjoy your work now.